These things happen and there are several reasons why a transaction does not go through. Most of the times the response code might give an insight on why this has happened, but only your credit card issuer or financial institution can confirm the specific reason, so it is always better to contact them directly when situations like these occur.
Here are the most common errors for the transactions, meanings and solutions.
- Card is blocked. Please try again in 30 minutes, if that doesn’t help, please contact your bank or try adding a new card.
- Your Card is expired. Please add a new credit/debit card or top up your balance.
- Insufficient funds, but your card is attached. Please top up your balance or add a credit/debit card.
- Insufficient funds, but you have a credit/debit card connected. Please top up balance or your credit/debit card.
- Withdrawal limit exceeded. Please top up balance or update your card settings to allow more transactions a day with the same vendor.
- Bank declined a credit/debit card. Please contact your bank regarding your card, top up your balance or add a new card.
- An error occurred. Please contact our Merchant Support at [email protected] for further directions.
Some common errors for PayPal payments:
- If you input an amount and nothing happens, it might be that you don't have pop-ups enabled. After the amount input, you should be redirected to the PayPal page, so make sure to adjust the settings.
- If you see a message that says “Processor Network Unavailable,” it could be a glitch in the back-end processing network. Try the transaction again!
- If you see a message that says “PayPal Pending payments are not supported,” then reach out to PayPal and ask them not to put payments on review.
If your payment transaction failed because you didn't add a default payment method to your Printify account, you'll need to add a payment method and click Retry next to the order that did not go through.
High Volume Merchants
In the case of large volume merchants, sometimes credit cards are declined from processing too many individual transactions. You will need to change your Order Approval Settings to “At a certain time every day,” or maintain a Printify balance.