Currently, we do not offer end-customer customization, however, it is a requested feature, and we are thinking of adding it to our roadmap.
In the meantime, you can still accomplish your goal by manually editing each order before sending it to production.
1. Make sure you set your order fulfillment settings to “Manual”. This means that you’ll be able to edit the order in Printify before sending it to production.
2. Create a product in Printify, indicating that you offer a personalised design, and proceed to publish it to your store.
3. You’ll need to create a system of how you will obtain the customer’s design. For example, the customer could send it via message (if selling on a marketplace like Etsy) or email it to you.
A note for Shopify users: You may want to check out any apps that have been specifically created for this purpose, such as the Personalized Image Uploader app for Shopify (9.99 USD/month, with a 7-day free trial). It allows the customer to upload their own design before submitting the order. Please note that you’ll still need to manually edit the order in Printify to add the design.
4. Once the customer has submitted an order in your store, and you have received their design, you'll need to create a copy of the purchased placeholder product. Navigate to "My Products" and click Copy.
5. Next, you'll need to edit the duplicate product. Click Edit Design to change the design to the customer's file and click Save product. Leave the product unpublished.
6. Navigate back to the order and manually edit it by replacing the ordered placeholder product with the duplicate product that contains the customer's design. Lastly, send the order to production!