Embroidery differs from Direct-to-Garment printing or Sublimation printing, therefore, there are some basic rules which you need to take into account before creating your designs.
- Minimum thickness for shapes:
0.05” (1.3 mm)
- Maximum thickness for shapes:
0.5” (12.5 mm)
- Lowercase letter height from:
0.25” (6.4 mm)
- Uppercase letter height from:
0.3” (7.6 mm)
- Gradients, blend effects and pictures are not supported;
- Use Solid Shapes and Colors;
- There are 16 thread colors that are used. Please find the full list here;
- Try to aim for 300 dpi and use at least 1200x720 pixels;
- Only PNG with transparency or JPG files can be used;
- Simplify the design as much as you can. The best result can be achieved if the design is simple.
Please feel free to use our PSD or AI templates.
More detailed explanation about how-to make your designs perfect, please find the full embroidery guide here.