Find an alternative print provider for the product
If you’re unable to proceed with the original print provider, you can easily replace the print provider while keeping the same product and design.
The changes can be made directly within the order. Click “Find an alternative print provider” to see the available options.
Please note that the total product price (incl. taxes and the shipping costs) will be recalculated after the print provider has been replaced.
We highly recommend enabling order routing so that the product can be routed to another print provider automatically next time.
Edit the order manually
If there are no alternative print provider options, or if you prefer to edit the order manually, you’ll need to create a duplicate product just for this order, and replace the product model or the print provider of that product.
1. Go to “My Store” and find the affected product that is out of stock/discontinued. Click Copy to create a duplicate of that product.
3. Click on the Additional options menu for the duplicated product and select “Replace”:
4. Choose the product or print provider that you want to use for this order:
5. You’ll see a notification about possible design adjustments you might need to make. Click Proceed and edit the design positioning and the product variant options, if necessary.
6. Make sure to save the duplicate product as a draft — do not publish it to your store.
7. Next, go back to the affected order and click Edit order:
8. Delete the original out of stock/discontinued item and click “Add from created products”:
9. Select the duplicated product (refresh the page if you don’t see the product there).
10. Continue with the other steps, and lastly, click the Fulfill order button to send the order to production.
In case you’d like to permanently replace the product or the print provider for all upcoming orders, please visit this article.
Edit the order to remove the affected product
On the rare occasion when a unique product (the product has no similar alternatives) is discontinued, the affected product will need to be removed from the order. Consider using another fulfillment service to fulfill the order, if possible.