Are you struggling to publish your Printify designs to eBay? If so, there are some things we can do to solve this issue, and help you get back to what matters: making sales.
Before we go into troubleshooting, it is crucial to know that currently our eBay integration only works in the US marketplace (ebay.com). If you have an account based in other marketplaces (ebay.co.uk, etc), the integration will not work.
Causes and solutions
- eBay selling limits
- When a particular product can’t be published
- When no products can be published
- Additional details to consider
eBay selling limits
Be cautious of your selling limits - you will most likely see a banner in your Printify account that shows you what your current limits are.
eBay enforces its sellers to follow a strict selling limit. eBay will review your seller performance on a monthly basis and will increase the limits accordingly.
Remember, that the selling limits imposed by eBay are for your entire store, and not just your individual product. If the limits have been reached by either item quantity or the retail value, you will not be able to publish a new product.
When a particular product can’t be published
- Write your product title to be no longer than 80 characters;
- Limit your product description to 4,000 characters;
- Keep your language clean in your listings. Using explicit terms in your descriptions and titles can lead to issues with publishing your products;
- Shortened URL's are not encouraged in your product descriptions. Placing links under your product details can result in publishing failure.
When no products can be published
First, check if you see a red notification banner at the top of the page in your Printify account. That would be the case if:
- Your eBay account has been temporarily suspended;
What should you do if your eBay account is suspended?
- You’ve changed your eBay account password;
- Printify’s access to your eBay account has been revoked. You can check the status of the API connection by heading over to your eBay Account Settings, and then finding the "Site Preferences" tab on the left hand side. You should then see a list of third-party authorizations. If Printify no longer has access, it will be missing from that list.
In the above cases, the best course of action will be to disconnect and reconnect your eBay store to Printify.
In addition, it is possible that one of the following steps has not been completed when it comes to your eBay account:
- Make sure that your payment and return policy is set up in the eBay settings (set payment method to automatic monthly billing);
- Take the time to read and accept eBay's International Selling Agreement;
- Sync your PayPal information with eBay. E-mail accounts and addresses should match between both platforms (make sure to verify your e-mail on PayPal's end as well).
Additional details to consider
- Shipping cost must not exceed the cost of the item. You can always set your shipping to be free, and add the cost for shipping in the retail price instead;
- Our integration depends largely on what eBay is doing. When it comes to publishing, sometimes the server eBay uses may be down, and it may be wise to try again later;
- Selling limits can only be increased by eBay.
We’re here to help
Remember, if you are still struggling to publish your products to eBay, you can always contact our Merchant Support team to receive assistance regarding your case - just click on the chat bubble!