If you're a Shopify user, you're now able to move your existing products to Printify without having to lose all the hard work you've invested in search engine optimization (SEO) and building up the listing's reputation.
In short - you can change the fulfillment partner while keeping the same product listing in Shopify.
- What will be updated when migrating the product to Printify?
- What won't be updated when migrating the product to Printify?
- How to use the Migration Tool
- Additional information
What will be updated when migrating the product to Printify?
- The product connected to the listing (you will choose the product model that will be used for fulfillment)
- The design placement
- The shipping cost:
- If you're using Printify's Shipping Calculator, the shipping price will be adjusted to match Printify's shipping costs
- If you use the weight-based shipping cost setup, you will need to update the shipping cost manually on Shopify
What won't be updated when migrating the product to Printify?
- The product listing title
- The product description
- The URL for accessing the product & SEO setup
- The mockup image used for the listing (unless the product is republished after migration, then it will be updated to the Printify mockup)
- The product price (unless the product is republished after migration, then it will be updated to match the default suggested variant price on Printify (e.g. for most t-shirts, it's 40% on top of the Printify production costs). Note that the price can also be manually adjusted.
When it comes to the available product variants in the listing, you cannot increase the number of available variants during migration, however, you will be able to do it afterwards. Please note that the product variants that won't have a Printify variant assigned to them will be removed from the Shopify product upon migration.
If you wish to add more product variants, click on Edit Design after migrating the product and add more colors or sizes, then proceed to republish the product.
How to use the Migration Tool
1. Click on the External Products tab in your My Store section. Choose the product you would like to fulfill with Printify and click on Migrate Product.
2. You can choose between two options for picking the product:
- Remain in the My Products tab and select an already created product to connect to the Shopify listing. Only the unpublished products will be visible.
- Click Catalog and create a new product that would closely match your Shopify listing.
3. Once you have selected or created the product, it's time to match the variants from the listing with Printify product variants.
For example, match the size S / White Shopify listing variant with “S White” Printify variant. You will have to match each variant separately.
Please note: Any listing variants that won't have a Printify SKU assigned will be
4. Click on Migrate Product.
In case you encounter an error during the final step, check whether your Shopify product is "Active" in Shopify. Draft products won't be possible to migrate.
5. The migrated product will still have the original mockup image and the original retail prices in your Shopify store.
If you'd like to update these product details, click on Edit listing, make adjustments if needed, and republish the product - you can also update it selectively.
- If you have any duplicated products in your Shopify store, it is likely that the duplicated product has the same SKU numbers as the original one. Please note that if that's the case, the duplicated product won't show up in the External Products tab and won't be possible to migrate.
- In each order's details of your incoming store orders, you will see a green link icon - by clicking on it, you can easily disconnect the specific product variant from the order to immediately stop the automated fulfillment of this particular product variant.
If you unlink the product variant, then any orders containing the specific variant will show up in Other Orders section.