If you're a Shopify user, there is now an easy way for you to move your existing products to Printify without having to lose all the hard work you've invested in search engine optimization and building up the listing reputation. In short, you can change the fulfillment partner while keeping the same product listing on your Sales Channel.
What will be updated when migrating the product to Printify?
- The product connected to the listing
- The design placement
- The image used for the listing
- The product price (it will automatically be updated to match the default suggested variant price on Printify (e.g. for most t-shirts, it's 40% on top of the production costs of the Printify product). If you wish to adjust it, simply access the product details after migrating the product and update the prices).
- The shipping cost:
If you're using Printify's Shipping Calculator, the shipping price will be adjusted to match Printify's shipping costs
If you use the weight-based shipping cost setup, you will need to update the shipping cost manually on Shopify
What won't be updated when migrating the product to Printify?
- The product listing title
- The product description
- The URL for accessing the product & SEO setup
When it comes to the available product variants in the listing, you cannot increase the number of available variants during migration, yet some might be removed in case you don't assign Printify variants to all the product variants you previously had available for the product.
If you wish to add more product variants, click on "Edit listing" after migrating the product and add more colors or sizes before republishing the product.
How to migrate a product?
1. Click on the “External Products” tab in your My Store section
2. Choose the product you would like to fulfill with Printify and click on “Migrate Product”
3. You can choose between two options for picking the product:
- Remain in the “My Products” tab and select an already created product to connect to the Shopify listing. Only unpublished products will be visible.
- Click “Catalog” and create a new product that would closely match your Shopify listing
4. Once you have selected/created the product, it's time to match the variants from the listing with Printify product variants. For example, match the size S / White listing variant with “S White” Printify variant. You will have to match each variant separately.
Please mind that any listing variants that won't have a Printify SKU assigned, will be
5. Click on “Migrate Product”.
6. If the linked Shopify listing is a draft on Shopify, in order to finish the migration and make your listing live, go to your “My Store” section and publish the migrated product.
If you have any duplicated products in your Shopify store, it might happen that the duplicated product has the same SKU numbers as the original one, and both of them will still appear in your External Products tab on Printify. You will be able to easily migrate the first product, yet, if you'll decide to migrate the second one as well without changing the SKU number, such notification will appear:
On the Order page, you will see a green link icon for incoming orders that contain the migrated products - by clicking on it, you can easily disconnect the specific product variant from the order to immediately stop the automated fulfillment of this particular product variant. If you unlink the product variant, the orders containing the specific variant will no longer show up on Printify.