Our team at Printify is excited to offer you our latest feature, which is geared towards improving your merchant experience.
Imagine a situation where you receive an order in your store, only to find out later that the order is On Hold in Printify due to an unforeseen stock issue - it can certainly be frustrating. This feature has been created in order to tackle this problem specifically. It will allow you to see when the product variant availability has changed, and make the necessary adjustments - thus avoiding frustrating situations and manual order editing further down the line.
How it works
1. You'll see a notification of the product variants that are out of stock from the chosen print provider.
2. You'll be able to make the necessary adjustments to the product. However, the recommended approach will depend on your current store settings. Click on "See variants" to see the available options:
- Replace - you can use the Replace option and manually switch the whole product to an alternative print provider which has more variants in stock. What is more, you can switch the product itself to a similar alternative product.
- Order routing - if you've already enabled Order Routing and your products are route-able (more than one print provider offers them), then you don't need to take any further action upon seeing the out of stock notification. In case of something being out of stock, the order would simply be routed to another print provider.
However, this feature will be useful in cases when the affected product is only offered by a single print provider. In that case, the best course of action will be to remove the unavailable variants from your store (see the next option).
- Remove variants - this button will remove all out of stock variants from the affected product on the Printify side.
Please note: in order to reflect the changed availability in your sales channel as well, you must republish the product after clicking “Remove variants”.
In case you're using custom mockups for your product, or have made other changes to it within your sales channel which should not be overwritten, you will want to update the product selectively.
Click on "Edit listing" instead, then make sure to uncheck all boxes apart from "Colors, Sizes, Prices". That way it will sync the new availability but leave the other product details unaffected.
Things to note
Currently, after the removal of the affected variants, there won’t be any notification of when they have been restocked. However, a "back in stock" notification is something that our team is already working on.