How can I improve my SEO on Walmart?
What is SEO?
Search Engine Optimization (or SEO in short) is the process that helps you increase the number of organic visitors to your product page. It is done by understanding search engine algorithms and applying tactics to meet the requirements of the particular search engine.
The algorithms of search engines change regularly, so keeping everything up to date is also hard. Meanwhile, the term “SEO” occurs only when an “algorithm” is involved.
What is Walmart SEO?
Walmart SEO means adjusting your product information according to Walmart’s search engine algorithm to drive more organic traffic.
Walmart SEO consists of three main pillars:
- Content – product category, title, description, image, and attributes
- Offer – item price, shipping price and speed, in-stock rate.
- Performance – Seller Order Defect Rate, policy adherence, prompt customer response.
Keep reading further to find out how every pillar should be set up to succeed.
Content: how to improve a product listing?
Walmart product listings essentially have three core elements – product title (1), product description (2), and product key features(3). Continue reading to find the best practices for creating each of the elements.
When creating a product title, apply the formula:
Brand + Clothing Size Group (if applicable) + Defining Quality + Item Name + Style (if applicable) + Pack Count
E.g., Printify Unisex Stretchy Running Shorts, 3 pack
Also, please adhere to these suggestions:
- Keep the title within 50-75 characters, and do not exceed this
- Don’t use special characters or symbols
- Incorporate important attributes – color, model
- Include the primary keyword of the product you are selling (e.g., “Shorts”)
- Include the unique characteristics of your product (e.g., “Stretchy”)
Product description & key features
To attract more customers, include product-specific keywords and key phrases.
Follow these guidelines for more successful results:
- Include a description paragraph with a minimum of 150 words
- Avoid generic phrases and use the most relevant keywords for the best SEO results.
- Include 3-10 key features of the product in the description
- Make sure your product description is easy to read and not over-stuffed with keywords
- Avoid grammar mistakes
- Use product synonyms in the description (when applicable)
- Do not make this section awkward to read
Great pictures go a long way. If you opt-in for using your own images (not Printify’s), then make sure they are high-resolution, centered with a white background.
Suggested practice for images:
- Upload at least four high-quality images
- Recommended size: 1000×1000 pixels
- Background color is white (RGB 255,255,255)
Offer: product & shipping pricing
Item prices must be competitive with other listings to drive a positive customer experience. Walmart’s slogan, “Save Money. Live Better.” says it all. But don’t think that you should always be the cheapest. The main thing is to stand out with unique and relevant products/designs.
With Printify, you have limited shipping options but make the best use of your options. Try including the shipping price in the price of a product and thus offer free shipping to your customers, especially important for more expensive products.
Customer reviews play a crucial role in ranking too. They are the true makers or breakers of your business. Positive feedback helps you build credibility and improve your rankings.
Make sure you keep your customers satisfied – address problems and answer them in a timely manner.
UPC exemption and SEO
Product organic search ranking on Walmart’s marketplace is not impacted by having or not having product IDs. Sellers are not differentiated based on product IDs in any way.
Google search engine (Google Search) externally ranks items with product IDs higher as they attempt to match product IDs across different platforms. Items without product IDs have always ranked lower in Google Search due to missing IDs. It applies to any marketplace (eBay, Etsy, etc.), and Walmart is not a special case. It’s just how Google works.
All in all, we can assure you that UPC exemption will not impact the organic search ranking of Printify sellers on Walmart’s Marketplace.
Read more on: https://marketplace.walmart.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/WMP_listing_quality_optimization_guide.pdf