How can I advertise my products on Walmart?
When selling on a marketplace, it is important to make sure that your products stand out among similar competing products. You can take advantage of Walmart’s advanced advertising tools to launch advertising campaigns and attract sales.
Step 1: Publish products to your Walmart store
In order to get started with advertising on Walmart, you must have active product listings published on Walmart Marketplace. Learn more about creating and publishing products here.
Step 2: Create an account with Walmart Advertising
You can apply for a Walmart Advertising (Walmart Connect) account here. You’ll receive a confirmation email from Walmart within 5 business days.
Step 3: Create your first campaign
Once you have received a confirmation email from Walmart, you can log into your Advertising account here.
To create your first campaign press the Create campaign button.
Enter the campaign name. Make sure that the campaign name is descriptive and represents your intentions toward the campaign. Good examples: “Christmas Sweaters - 2023”; “All Products - 2023”.
For Printify, Sponsored products will be the only option available for the campaign. If you have a verified brand then you should be able to pick the option Sponsored brands.
- Automatic: Walmart’s algorithm selects relevant keywords for you, then set cost-per-click bids for individual items or groups of items. Ads can appear in all Sponsored Products placements.
- Manual: Choose your own keywords and set cost-per-click bids for each. Ads can appear on search pages and item pages. Manual targeting should give your campaigns laser focus on particular keywords and generally will give you more control over how and where you spend your advertising budget. It will also help you to avoid any closely related keywords that do not actually apply to your listing.
Scheduling & budget
Schedule your campaign according to your needs and budget but try to keep them running for at least two weeks, so Walmart’s algorithm has time to learn patterns and can have a positive impact on the results.
Bid multipliers (optional)
Bid multipliers increase your bid on the placements by the percentage that you have entered. They help you compete for Buy-Box, Search Ingrid, Home Page, and Stock Up on desktop, app, and mobile web. Read more about Walmart placements.
Ad groups help you to cluster products into different categories according to your needs, e.g., product types, seasonal sales, etc. Think of an ad group as an option to adjust campaigns based on the performance of a particular product cluster.
Item lists help you to add particular products into an ad group and categorize them according to your needs.
- When setting up a campaign, make sure that you have set the length of the campaign according to your overall budget.
- If you do not see results at first, don’t be discouraged but also don’t overspend. If ads do not show a return after 3 weeks, then Walmart Advertising might not be for you.
- Remember that ads are designed to provide a temporary boost and work best when your product listings are already optimized, applying the best Walmart SEO practices.