How much will I make per sale?
There are various ways you can decide how to price your products. To learn more about pricing strategies, make sure to watch our video below.
The most common way to calculate your retail price is: costs + profit.
The prices displayed in the Printify Catalog represent the production prices, which, along with shipping costs, make up the total amount merchants pay for a product.
The amount of profit you will make per sale depends on your product’s retail price. You have the freedom to choose the retail price you set; however, we recommend a minimum profit margin of 40% for your business to grow with Printify.
Before publishing products to your sales channel, you will see the set profit and profit margin and can make necessary changes by clicking on the relevant field.
Here are some factors to consider when setting prices for your products:
- Who is your target audience, and where are the majority of your customers located?
- What is the average price for similar products on the market?
- How can you add extra value to your product so your customers would be willing to pay more?
- Should you choose a local Print Provider to reduce delivery time and shipping costs?
- Will you be offering free shipping in your store? While this could boost sales, remember to incorporate that cost into the product’s retail price.
- Will you use various sales strategies to drive sales, like frequent discounts? Think about the price you want to charge and make sure that the price after the discount is applied in your store.
- Will the price of your product cover all your costs?
- Are there any extra costs you need to factor in? These might include things like the Printify Premium subscription, sales channel subscription, transaction fees, payment processing fees, marketing costs, etc.
Remember to review your prices regularly since demand, expenses, and unforeseen costs can fluctuate.