Why can’t I publish my products to Etsy?
Your Etsy store hasn’t been activated
If you’re having issues with publishing your products to Etsy, it is very likely that your Etsy store hasn’t been activated. All the following steps need to be completed to have a fully functional Etsy store:
- You have set your store preferences (Etsy store name, country, currency)
- You have completed the ID verification process on Etsy
- You have added your payment information in Etsy (how you’ll get paid)
- You have set up billing (how you’ll pay the Etsy listing fees)
- You have set up your shop security (two-factor authentication for your Etsy account, which can be turned off later)
- You have created at least one product listing in Etsy, which can be deleted later
- You have activated your Etsy shop by clicking “Open your shop”
To check whether your Etsy store has been activated, input your Etsy store URL in a web browser (making sure you’re not logged in to your Etsy account). If it can be accessed, it means the store is active.
You need to renew your Etsy connection token
Your Etsy connection token will expire if you’ve changed your Etsy account password. To re-establish your store connection to Printify, click Renew token, and you’ll be directed to log in to your Etsy account. Any previously published products won’t be affected in any way.
You’ve selected a shipping profile that uses calculated prices
Currently, our Etsy integration only supports shipping profiles with fixed prices. Shipping profiles with calculated prices are not supported. To proceed with publishing your products, please select an existing shipping profile with fixed prices or create a new one.
Your Etsy listing has been deactivated
Publishing will fail if a previously published Etsy product listing has been deactivated by Etsy. This can occur due to a variety of reasons. Typically, it is due to a violation of Etsy policies, such as copyright infringement, inappropriate content, misleading listing, etc. Etsy will send you an email explaining why your listing was removed.
Your Etsy store isn’t live
Make sure that your Etsy store is live. Publishing will fail if the store is in Vacation Mode or inaccessible due to other reasons.
To check whether your Etsy store is live, input your Etsy store URL in a web browser, making sure you’re not logged in to your Etsy account. If it cannot be accessed and you have not selected Vacation Mode on Etsy, please reach out to Etsy support.
Need more help? Get in touch with our Support team by clicking on the chat bubble.