Can I sell personalized products using Printify?
Currently, we do not offer end-customer customization; however, it’s a requested feature, and we are thinking of adding it in the future.
In the meantime, you can still accomplish your goal by manually editing each order before sending it to production. You’ll need to edit the order by replacing the ordered placeholder product with the duplicate product that contains the customer’s design.
How to sell personalized products
1. Make sure you set your order approval settings to “Manual”. This means that you’ll be able to edit the order in Printify before sending it to production.
2. Create a product in Printify, indicating that you offer a personalized design, and proceed to publish it to your store.
3. You’ll need to create a system of how you will obtain the customer’s design. For example, the customer could send it via message (if selling on a marketplace like Etsy) or email it to you.
A note for Shopify users: You may want to check out any apps that have been specifically created for this purpose, such as the Personalized Image Uploader app for Shopify ($9.99/month, with a 7-day free trial). It allows the customer to upload their own design before submitting the order. Please note that you’ll still need to manually edit the order in Printify to add the design.
4. Once the customer has submitted an order in your store, and you have received their design, you’ll need to create a copy of the purchased placeholder product. Click the Duplicate icon next to the product in “My Products” section.
Please note: It’s crucial that you create a duplicate product during this step instead of changing the design of the original (placeholder) product. If you edit the original product, any subsequent orders containing this product will also use the same design.
5. Next, you’ll need to edit the duplicate product. Click Edit design to change the design to the customer’s file, followed by Save product. Leave the product unpublished.
6. Navigate back to the order and manually edit it by replacing the ordered placeholder product with the duplicate product that contains the customer’s design. Lastly, send the order to production.