Can I become exempt from Canadian taxes?
If you’re a registered taxpayer in British Columbia, Manitoba, or Saskatchewan, you can become exempt from the Provincial Sales Tax (PST) by providing Printify with your tax registration details. Note that the exemption will apply only to orders shipped to the 3 mentioned provinces.
When it comes to the taxes charged in other provinces (HST, GST, and QST), these are VAT-type taxes, which means that an exemption cannot be offered in these cases. However, if you’re a registered taxpayer in Canada, you will be able to reclaim these taxes via your tax returns.
How to become exempt from the Provincial Sales Tax (PST)
Saskatchewan and/or Manitoba
- Please download and fill out this fillable PDF form providing your taxpayer information (one or both PST registration numbers, depending on your registration status). It will need to be uploaded in one of the next steps.
- In the Taxes section of your Printify account, navigate to the “Canada” tab and click Submit a certificate to begin the exemption process.
- For your convenience, we have prepared a step-by-step guide of the exemption process (PDF).
- Once submitted, your application will be reviewed within a week. We will inform you if any changes are needed.
Please note: If you’re not a registered PST payer in Saskatchewan and/or Manitoba, Printify cannot exempt your sales destined to these provinces.
British Columbia allows resellers to claim exemption from local PST irrespective of whether they are registered PST payers or not.
- In the Taxes section of your Printify account, navigate to the Canada tab and click Submit a certificate to begin the exemption process.
- For your convenience, we have prepared step-by-step guides of the exemption process:
- A guide for those with a PST registration number (PDF)
- A guide for those without a PST registration number (PDF)