How can I set up a store on Walmart?
Set up a store and sell your custom products with the second-largest online retailer in the US – Walmart. Use our thorough onboarding guide for a smooth and simple setup process and manage your store hassle-free with Printify.
If you already have a Walmart seller account, follow the same onboarding flow, but mark Steps 2 & 4 as already completed.
Step 1: Create your store
To get started, you’ll need a Printify store to connect with Walmart. You can create and name a new store during this onboarding step, or use an existing Printify store (if you already have one).
Your store name will be shown on the “ship from” field on shipping labels and can be changed anytime in your store settings.
Step 2: Request to sell on Walmart
To sell on Walmart, you’ll need to join the Walmart Marketplace seller community. Once approved by Walmart, you’ll get an invitation email to set up your account.
Click here to request to sell on Walmart. The application process takes about 10-15 minutes.
Our Walmart integration is available to registered business owners in the United States, Canada, Mexico, the United Kingdom, Japan, India, China, and Hong Kong.
If you’re based in the United States, you’ll need to provide the information listed below. For other locations, please see the required documentation here.
- US Business Tax ID (SSN not accepted)
- W9 or W8 and EIN Verification Letter from the Department of Treasury that verifies your US business address or place of physical operations
- Address or place of physical operations
- US business address
- Planned integration method for your product catalog (bulk upload, API, solution provider)
- Primary product categories, catalog size and related information (e.g., total SKUs you will be selling on Walmart.com initially with verified UPC information, and used vs. refurbished, etc.)
Step 3: Authorization
During this onboarding step, you’ll need to input your unique Walmart Client ID and Client Secret in Printify to establish a connection between your Walmart store and Printify.
To find your unique Client ID and Client Secret, follow these steps:
- From the Walmart Developer Portal, click My Account and choose Marketplace (US & Mexico) to log in to your Walmart Seller account. Alternatively, find your unique Client ID and Client Secret by navigating to Settings → API key management from Seller Center.
- Click Add New Key For A Solution Provider and select Printify from the Solution Provider drop-down list and click Next. Provide full access to the Key Permissions and click Submit.
- Copy the Client ID and Client Secret in the respective text fields on Printify.
Step 4: Complete seller profile
Now, you’ll need to complete your seller profile on the Walmart Seller Center. Once finished, check the box in the onboarding flow to continue to the final step.
To complete your Walmart seller profile:
- Access the Seller Profile dashboard from the Settings menu.
- Select the section of the Partner Profile to view or edit, and it will direct you to the correct tab.
- Fill out the following sections to complete your seller profile:
- Company Info
- Customer Service
- Manage Contacts
- Shipping Info
- Payment Info
Learn more about each topic here.
Step 5: Requirements to sell
In order to publish your products on Walmart.com, you’ll need to apply a universal product code (UPC) to each variant. A UPC is a type of bar code that includes 12 numerals.
If you choose not to list your products using UPCs, you can apply for UPC exemption by submitting a support ticket from your Walmart seller center explaining your circumstances.
- To request a UPC exemption, create a case by selecting Items > Item Setup > UPC Exemption Request in your Walmart Seller Center.
Lag Time is the number of days between the date an item is ordered and when it is shipped. While the standard lag time is 2 business days, Walmart Marketplace allows sellers to apply for a category-based Lag Time Exemption which increases the lag time up to 5 business days.
Since Printify products are printed on demand, we recommend requesting the maximum possible lag time of 5 business days. Approval is required at the product category level. You can learn more about requesting a Lag Time Exemption here.
At this point, your Walmart store should be successfully connected. The applicable shipping rates will automatically be assigned to your products during publishing.