How can I request a Lag Time exemption from Walmart?
Lag Time is the number of days between the date an item is ordered and when it is shipped. While the standard lag time is 2 business days, Walmart Marketplace allows sellers to apply for a category-based Lag Time Exemption which increases the lag time up to 5 business days. You will need to request a Lag Time exemption from Walmart to maintain good standing with Walmart when selling Print on Demand products.
Since Printify products are printed on demand, we recommend requesting the maximum possible lag time of 5 business days.
How to request a Lag Time exemption from Walmart
- To request a Lag Time exemption, create a case for Walmart Partner Support by selecting Items and Inventory → Request exemption → Lag time exemption request.
Alternatively, you can start a chat with Walmart Partner Support and request a Lag Time exemption.
- Since approval is required at the product category level, we recommend applying for all categories that are applicable to Printify products at once, so you don’t have to reapply later in case you decide to sell products from a different category.
These are the categories that are applicable to Printify products:
- Animal accessories (Animal)
- Baby diapering, care & other (Baby)
- Baby toys (baby)
- Carriers & accessories (carriers & accessories)
- Cases & bags (carriers & accessories)
- Clothing (clothing)
- Electronics accessories (Electronics)
- Footwear (Footwear)
- Health & beauty (Health & Beauty)
- Bedding (Home)
- Home decor, kitchen, & other (Home)
- Jewelry (jewelry)
- Gift supply & awards (Occasion & Seasonal)
- Office (office)
- Puzzles (toys)
- Vehicle parts & accessories (vehicle)
- As a part of the exemption request procedure, the Walmart team may ask you one or more of the following questions:
- What percentage of your total sales on Walmart Marketplace do these SKUs account for?
If some of your products are not printed on demand, give an approximate percentage of your total sales of the ones that are. If you're planning to sell print-on-demand products exclusively, it is 100%.
- What percentage of your catalog do these SKUs represent?
If some of your products are not printed on demand, give an approximate percentage of those that are. If you're planning to sell print-on-demand products exclusively, it is 100%.
- Where do the SKUs ship from?
From the United States.
- Reason for requesting the exemption.
All Printify products are printed on demand. Depending on the product type, print complexity and printing method, it can take up to 5 business days to fulfill the orders (majority of items are fulfilled within two business days).
As per Walmart policy, all Printify products meet the criteria for lag time exemption: “Items requiring customization, printed on demand, or made to order directly in your facility where lag time doesn't exceed 5 business days.”
- If we reject your exemption, how will it impact your business on Walmart Marketplace?
I/We will not be able to sell any print-on-demand products fulfilled by Printify on Walmart.
- How many SKUs in each category will require extended lag time?
All of them.
- How many days of Lag Time are you planning to add to the SKUs in these categories?
5 business days.