Are there any specific requirements for shipping addresses?
This article covers universal shipping requirements for all destinations and specific requirements for individual countries. These important rules must be followed to ensure successful delivery, as not meeting these requirements can result in the order being sent back to the sender.
We strongly recommend including the following information on your store’s shipping policy page to inform customers about these crucial requirements. This is especially important if your target markets include countries with specific requirements and if you expect to receive many orders from these destinations.
In this article:
All shipping addresses
The following shipping address requirements are applicable to all destinations:
- The shipping address must be exclusively in Latin characters.
- Printify does not provide address validation services. Therefore, it is the customer’s responsibility to provide an accurate shipping address.
Delivery to a PO box
- Delivery to a PO box is advised only for destinations in the United States. For other countries, delivery to a PO box is not advisable and is at the customer’s own risk.
- PO box addresses are not supported by Express Delivery for both orders imported from sales channels and manual orders. If a customer submits an order with Express Delivery and enters a PO box address, it will be imported as a standard order in Printify.
- The correct address formatting guidelines should be followed when a shipment is directed to a PO box:
- First name: John (matching the name on the box)
- Last name: Smith (matching the name on the box)
- Address 1: PO Box 1776
- Zip code: 28034
- City: Dallas
- Country: United States
Shipping to or within Germany
There are specific shipping requirements for orders delivered to home addresses in Germany as well as those sent to parcel lockers (Packstations) or collection points (Paketfiliale or Paketshop). It’s crucial for you or your customers to adhere to the guidelines below to ensure a successful delivery.
Requirements for home delivery
For a successful home delivery, the following should be provided:
- Recipient’s name (matching the name on the apartment building)
- Street address and house number
- Apartment number (if applicable)
- Floor number (optional)
- Zip code
If the recipient doesn’t provide the listed information, the carrier might be unable to identify the recipient’s apartment. As a result, the shipment will be returned without any further delivery attempts by the carrier.
Requirements for shipments delivered to a parcel locker or Packstation
For deliveries to Packstation (or Paketfiliale/Paketshop) addresses, all of the following criteria must be met:
- The order recipient needs to activate their Deutsche Post/DHL account for both options (Packstation and Paketfiliale/Paketshop). Failure to do so may lead to the shipment being returned.
- Once activated, they will receive a postal number, which must be entered in either the “First name” or “Last name” line of the address. Failing to comply with this requirement will result in the number not being recognized, leading to the return of the order. The correct address format for a delivery to a Packstation or Paketfiliale/Paketshop is as follows:
- First name: John Smith
- Last name: 1234567890 (postal number)
- Address 1: Packstation 104
- Zip code: 46282
- City: Dorsten
- Country: Germany
Shipping to Brazil
It is mandatory to include the recipient’s CPF (Cadastro de Pessoas Físicas) tax number on the shipping label of the order. Each individual living in Brazil has a unique 11-digit CPF number.
- When creating an order manually, ensure the recipient’s CPF number is added to the “Address 2” line in Printify using the format XXX.XXX.XXX-XX. Additionally, make sure to indicate the recipient’s phone number to ensure a smooth delivery.
- For orders imported from a sales channel, request the CPF number and phone number (if not already provided) from the customer. Then, edit the order and add this information to the shipping details before sending it to production. The recipient’s CPF number can be added to the “Address 2” line in Printify using the format XXX.XXX.XXX-XX.
Shipping to Chile
It is mandatory to include the recipient’s RUN (Rol Único Nacional) or RUT (Rol Unico Tributario) tax number on the shipping label of the order (for individuals, both of these numbers will be the same). Each individual living in Chile has a unique 8 or 9-digit RUN / RUT number.
When creating an order manually, ensure the recipient’s RUN / RUT number is added to the “Address 2” line in Printify. Additionally, make sure to indicate the recipient’s phone number to ensure a smooth delivery.
- For orders imported from a sales channel, request the RUN / RUT number and phone number (if not already provided) from the customer. Then, edit the order and add this information to the shipping details before sending it to production. The recipient’s RUN / RUT number can be added to the “Address 2” line in Printify using the format XX.XXX.XXX-Z (7 or 8 digits, plus a verification digit).