How do I set up a TikTok Shop US account?
To get started with selling products on TikTok, you need to set up a TikTok seller’s account using your existing TikTok account or by signing up with a phone number and email address.
Step 1: Sign up for TikTok Shop US
Start by signing up for a TikTok seller’s account with your phone number and email address, or use an existing TikTok account. You’ll need to set up a separate seller’s account even if you already have a regular TikTok account.
Step 2: Add business information
First, select your business type. There are several types of sellers:
- An individual seller refers to a person who is not a business entity but offers goods for sale as an individual.
- A business seller (any of the other options) refers to a legally authorized business entity that offers goods for sale.
Both business types are compatible with our TikTok integration.
Step 3: Add seller information
In this step, you will need to provide information about yourself.
- Individual sellers need to submit a US passport or driver’s license, along with a US taxpayer ID during this step.
- Business sellers need to provide a company registration document, as well as a US passport or driver’s license.
Step 4: Accept the data processing policy
Next, accept the data processing policy and confirm your information. As you’ll be using Printify, provide the following details in this step:
- Choose “Yes” for the question: “Do you work with any third parties or subcontractors?”.
- Third-party name: Printify
- Registration country: The United States of America
Step 5: Add your shop information
Choose a unique name for your shop. Check the TikTok Shop Name Guidelines for more information.
Add the relevant business details and choose the primary product/service type of your shop. If you plan to sell apparel, choose either “Womenswear & Underwear” or “Menswear & Underwear”. This selection is solely for registration purposes and does not restrict the types of products you can sell in your store.
Finally, click Submit to complete the registration process. After completing these steps, it can take 1-2 days for your account to be reviewed by TikTok. Once your shop has been approved, you can start setting up your TikTok Shop and connecting it to Printify.