Our Shutterstock integration gives you access to millions of images provided by Shutterstock, at no upfront cost to you. Use these images to create and publish as many products as you want, and pay for the image use only once the product is sold.
In this article:
How to use the Shutterstock integration
- Choose a product from our catalog and select the Shutterstock option in the Mockup Generator. Upon choosing this option, you agree to the Shutterstock Terms of Service.
- Once the image library has opened, you’ll be able to choose between two collections of images.
- Essentials collection – a large selection of the most popular stock images from Shutterstock.
- Full collection – choose from over 300 million different images.
- Use the search bar to find suitable images. You can apply filters and sort the search results to help you find the most suitable image:
- Photo: photographic images;
- Vector: digitally created images that can be resized easily, without diminishing their quality;
- Illustration: digitally created designs.
- You can add additional color variants to the product by opening the All colors menu. Adjust the final file placement on the product, preview it (button in the top-right corner), and click Save product when done.
- Next, choose the preferred mockup image view, enter the product description, title, pricing, and click Publish to make the product available in your store.
NoteAs per the Terms of Service of Shutterstock integration, the author of the chosen design is automatically added to the product listing’s description field.
- Essentials collection design fee: USD 0.99 per image.
- Full collection design fee: 17.5% of the Printify production cost (with the minimum fee of USD 1.49).
Example: if the Printify production cost is USD 5 (17.5% of the production cost is USD 0.88, which is lower than USD 1.49), the design fee will be USD 1.49 (minimum fee).
Instead, if, for example, the production cost is USD 20 (17.5% of the production cost is USD 3.50, which is higher than USD 1.49), the fee will be USD 3.50.
It should be pointed out that the image itself cannot be downloaded.
You can preview the final Printify production cost (inclusive of the Shutterstock fee) before you proceed with the publishing:
By using the integration, you agree to follow the Terms of Service.
You are purchasing the right to use the image for the chosen product via Printify. However, the image itself can’t be downloaded.
Due to the aforementioned reason, it will only be possible to use the Printify mockups for these products.
It is possible to use multiple Shutterstock images for the same product, however, in that case, the image fee will apply to each unique image, resulting in an increased production cost. The suggested retail price is increased automatically.
You may duplicate the same image at no additional cost. The fee will remain the same regardless of the number of times the image is duplicated.
Review the final design in the mockup images before publishing. All elements shown there will be printed in the final outcome.