Our Shutterstock integration gives you access to millions of images provided by Shutterstock, at no upfront cost to you. Use these images to create and publish as many products as you want, and pay for the image use only once the product is sold.
You have full creative freedom with the built-in Shutterstock Editor, which allows you to easily modify the chosen design to adjust colors, add custom text, remove the background and more.
In this article:
How to use the Shutterstock integration
1. Log in to your Printify account and follow the usual steps for creating a product. Then select the Shutterstock option in the Mockup Generator.
Please note: Upon choosing this option, you are agreeing to the Shutterstock Terms of Service.
2. Once the image library has opened, you’ll be able to choose between two collections of images.
- Essentials collection – a large selection of the most popular stock images from Shutterstock.
- Full collection – choose from over 300 million different images.
3. Use the search bar to find suitable images. You can apply filters and sort the search results to help you find the most suitable image:
- Photo: photographic images;
- Vector: digitally created images that can be resized easily, without diminishing their quality;
- Illustration: digitally created designs.
To remove the background, click on Effects → Remove background.
Tip: You can also use your cursor as an eraser brush and remove any elements you don't want in the design. Change the selection to Preserve main object to manually fill any removed areas back in, if too much was removed.
5. Click Save when you’re done with editing.
6. Next, you can add additional color variants to the product by opening the “All colors” menu. Adjust the final file placement on the product, preview it, and click Save product when done.
7. After the product has been saved, click on the product card to choose the preferred mockup image view, adjust the product description, title, pricing, and proceed by clicking Publish.
Please note: As per the Terms of Service of Shutterstock integration, the author of the chosen design is automatically added to the product listing’s description field.
8. Your new product has been published and is available for sale!
- Essentials collection design fee: USD 0.99 per image.
- Full collection design fee: 17.5% of the Printify production cost (with the minimum fee of USD 1.49).
Example: if the Printify production cost is USD 5 (17.5% of the production cost is USD 0.88, which is lower than USD 1.49), the design fee will be USD 1.49 (minimum fee).
Instead, if, for example, the production cost is USD 20 (17.5% of the production cost is USD 3.50, which is higher than USD 1.49), the fee will be USD 3.50.
It should be pointed out that the image itself cannot be downloaded.
The fee for using the image will be applied each time when the product with the chosen image is sold. The fee will be added to the Printify production cost.
You can preview the final Printify production cost (inclusive of the Shutterstock fee) before you proceed with the publishing:
By using the integration, you agree to follow the Terms of Service.
Currently, the use of built-in Shutterstock integration is limited to logged-in users. So, log in or create a new account to try out the design creation.
You are purchasing the right to use the image for the chosen product via Printify. However, the image itself can’t be downloaded.
Due to the aforementioned reason, it will only be possible to use the Printify mockups for these products.
It is possible to use multiple Shutterstock images for the same product, however, in that case, the image fee will apply to each unique image, resulting in an increased production cost. The suggested retail price is increased automatically.
You may duplicate the same image at no additional cost. The fee will remain the same regardless of the number of times the image is duplicated.
The background removal tool removes the background based on its color. You might need to use the adjustable manual brush tool to remove the background with more precision. Select Preserve main object and use the brush to fill in any removed areas as needed.
Review the final design in the mockup images before publishing. All elements shown there will be printed in the final outcome.