In which currency can I sell my products?
While you can use any currency within your sales platform, please note that Printify will charge you in the billing currency you have selected for your Printify account. If your bank account is set in any other currency, charges will be processed in accordance with the exchange rates provided by your bank.
Here is further information about the payment process.
To use a different currency for your store products
- Ensure that you have set your store currency settings to the currency that you want to use.
- In Printify, create a product and set the retail price to be the final amount that you want it to be in the store currency. For example, set it to 24.99 if you want to sell the product for 24.99 Canadian Dollars (CAD) in your store.
- Publish the product, ignoring the “USD” that you see in Printify.
If you choose to use another currency in your store, please be aware that some adjustments may be necessary for your shipping rates, as Printify rates are in United States Dollars (USD).
- Shopify: We recommend publishing Printify flat rates to Shopify. This allows for automatic currency conversion without any action needed on your part. Alternatively, you can set up free shipping.
- Etsy: Please note that numerical shipping rate values will be published to your store. If using another currency, you will need to manually convert these rates to your chosen currency and update them on Etsy.
- WooCommerce: We advise disabling the “Printify for WooCommerce” plugin, as it only supports shipping rates in USD. You will need to convert the shipping rates to your chosen currency and add flat rates manually.